Required Documentation for a Medical Withdrawal
When pursuing a Medical Withdrawal (or a compassionate withdrawal due to another individual’s medical situation), it is necessary to include official documentation. This is in the form of an official letter from a health care provider. The letter must be typed on the health care provider’s letterhead stationery.
In light of the Covid 19 situation, Fulton Engineering will temporarily accept healthcare provider information from the student, via fax or email. Receiving medical documentation directly from the student’s healthcare provider remains the preferred method via fax.
480-965-8095 – directly from the provider
Documents must be in a sealed envelope from the provider.
ASU, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Office of Academic and Student Affairs
699 S Mill Ave
BYENG 6th Floor
Tempe AZ 85287-8109
The official documentation from the healthcare provider should include:
- the date of onset of illness
- the dates you were under professional care
- the general nature of your medical condition and why/how it prevented you from completing your course work/attending class
- the date of your anticipated return to school
- the last date you were able to attend class