When pursuing a Medical Withdrawal (or a compassionate withdrawal due to another individual’s medical situation), it is necessary to include official documentation. This is in the form of an official letter from a health care provider. The letter must be typed on the health care provider’s letterhead stationery.
All official documentation must be presented to our office in a sealed envelope or the healthcare/service provider may fax or mail the information directly to our office.
Fax: 480-727-6548 – directly from the provider
Mail: ASU, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Engineering Center G Wing, Room 251
501 E Tyler Mall, Tempe, AZ 85281 – documents must be in a sealed envelope from the provider.
The official documentation from the healthcare provider should include:
- the date of onset of illness
- the dates you were under professional care
- the general nature of your medical condition and why/how it prevented you from completing your course work/attending class
- the date of your anticipated return to school
- the last date you were able to attend class